Premenopausal and menopausal physical disorders. It's not that there's something wrong with my body, but I'm irritated and hit on my family, and my work is affected by a decline in my concentration. You get tired both physically and mentally.
The painful symptoms may be physical malfunction due to menopause. Due to the rapid decrease in female hormones associated with aging, the body's balance (ki, blood, and water) is disrupted, causing various physical disorders.
It is important to carefully select the herbal medicine that matches the symptoms and to balance qi, blood, and water . Let's overcome pre-menopause and menopause with a smile with herbal medicine for women.
Find out in this article
- Timing and causes of menopause
- menopausal symptoms
- Chinese herbal medicine recommended for menopausal symptom improvement
Menopause is a period in which a woman's body undergoes major changes, and is the period of 10 years before and after menopause (generally between the ages of 45 and 55). As we age, the ovarian function declines, and estrogen (follicle hormone), which is a very important female hormone for women, rapidly decreases.
Due to the rapid decrease in estrogen secretion, the hormone balance is disrupted, and some people experience various physical and mental disorders.
A typical symptom of menopause is
- Vasomotor symptoms (hot flashes, shortness of breath, night sweats/sweating, swelling)
- Skin/secretion system symptoms (thirst, dry eye, thinning hair, hair loss)
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, diarrhea/constipation, heavy stomach)
- Physical symptoms (stiff shoulders, low back pain, numbness in hands and feet, joint pain)
- Symptoms of the urinary and reproductive system (genital pain, itching, cystitis)
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms (headache, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, irritability, autonomic imbalance, loss of concentration, tinnitus)
And so on.
menopause and herbal medicine
Kampo medicine is an effective treatment to restore the collapsed balance in order to improve indefinite complaints, which are painful symptoms of menopause.
Kampo medicine has the concept of "Qi, Blood, and Water", which are the basic elements that make up the human body.
During menopause, when the female hormone balance collapses, various disorders called menopausal disorders such as stiff shoulders, headaches, hot flashes, and coldness are likely to occur. Let's overcome the menopause with a smile by skillfully incorporating the power of Chinese medicine to adjust the balance of the entire body ("balance of qi, blood, and water") .
In addition, “pre-menopause” is the period from the late 30s to the mid-40s, when the amount of female hormones secreted gradually decreases toward menopause, and some people begin to experience changes in their mind and body during this period.
By adjusting the balance of qi, blood, and water during the pre-menopausal period, even if symptoms due to disturbance of qi, blood, and water appear during menopause, it can be expected that the symptoms will be lightly overcome. Therefore, it is important to keep a balance from early on by changing herbal medicine, lifestyle, and mental attitude.
Chinese medicine that can be expected to be effective for menopausal symptoms
We will introduce recommended herbal medicines for women who are suffering from menopausal symptoms.
In order to improve the symptoms of menopause, it is important to balance qi, blood, and water. Let's welcome menopause with a smile by choosing a Chinese medicine that matches your symptoms.
Among the recommended herbal medicines for menopausal disorders, 5 representative ones
- Kami Shoyosan
- Toki shakuyakusan
- Saiko Karyu Kotsu Boreito
- Kamikihito _
We will introduce you in detail.
It is widely used for mental and physical disorders often seen in menopausal disorders such as stiff shoulders, dizziness, headaches, hot flashes, sweating, irritability, anxiety, etc. One of the three major herbal medicines in obstetrics and gynecology, it can be expected to be effective for symptoms peculiar to women such as menstrual disorders and menopausal disorders.
It is said to be the most effective for improving the onset of sleep and quality of sleep during menopause. It can also be expected to be effective for headaches and dizziness2)3).
* Intermediate proof: A type between false proof and proof
Deficiency: weak and fragile, thin and delicate, pale complexion, easily irritated skin, weak stomach and prone to diarrhea, coldness
Demonstration: Physical strength, muscle, good complexion, glossy skin, loud and deep voice, strong stomach and intestines, constipation, sensitivity to heat
It has relatively physical strength and is used for a wide range of symptoms related to blood circulation disorders. It is one of the three major herbal medicines used in obstetrics and gynecology, and is used for menstrual disorders and menopausal disorders.
It can be expected to be effective for headaches, stiff shoulders, dizziness, etc., and is often prescribed for skin problems such as spots, eczema, and dermatitis.
It may also improve sleep quality during menopause, improve sweating, and lower blood pressure and heart rate3 ).
It can also be expected to reduce blood pressure, pulse rate, and resting energy expenditure in hypertensive women2).
It is intended for people who are thin and have little physical strength, and it compensates for the lack of "blood" and warms the body by improving blood circulation. One of the three major herbal medicines in obstetrics and gynecology, it is often used for menstrual irregularities, menstrual disorders, and menopausal disorders , and is also used for prenatal and postnatal anemia, fatigue, and swelling .
It can also be expected to improve luteal dysfunction, which causes problems such as infertility, miscarriage, and irregular menstruation 4).
In addition, dizziness, dizziness, headache, stiff shoulders, cold legs, swelling, ringing in the ears, etc. can be expected to be effective.
Saiko Karyu Kotsu Boreito
It is often used for people who are relatively physically strong but mentally unstable.
It is expected to be effective for neurosis, climacteric neurosis, and night crying in children.It is also used to improve symptoms associated with hypertension (palpitations, anxiety, insomnia). Improvements can be seen in demonstration types1).
It can be expected to be effective for anemia, insomnia, mental anxiety, etc. in people with weak constitution and poor complexion . While helping the digestive system, it also increases the lack of "blood" and improves insomnia.
It is also said to have a calming effect on the mind. * It may also be effective for patients who complain of PMS accompanied by insomnia and depression, and menstrual pain with a strong tendency to emptiness5).
* Qi Kaku: A state in which one feels tired, fatigued, and easily cold due to a lack of energy due to a lack of Qi.
Precautions of Kampo
It is important to note that taking multiple herbal medicines at the same time may not produce the desired effect. By taking different herbal medicines at the same time, the balance of herbal medicines contained in each herbal medicine may be disturbed, and some may have conflicting effects.
In addition, some herbal medicines may cause side effects if taken in excess, so please consult your doctor, pharmacist, or registered salesperson when using them together.
If you forget to take Chinese herbal medicine, taking two doses at once will make the effect stronger, so be sure to take only one dose. As a rule of thumb, allow at least 6 hours between doses for twice-daily medications, and at least 4 hours for medications taken three times per day.
▼ You can consult Kampo on LINE
Click here for a free consultation supervised by a doctor
Also read the following articles
Commentary on PMS and Kampo｜Introduction in comparison with the pill
Above, we have introduced 5 recommended herbal medicines to improve the painful symptoms of pre-menopause and menopause.
For those who are suffering from painful symptoms due to menopause, and those who are worried about the coming menopause, we will help you to balance qi, blood, and water, and overcome various physical disorders caused by hormonal imbalance with a smile. prize.
The herbal medicine introduced today is a strong ally for women. Find the herbal medicine that best suits your body and symptoms, free yourself from the current painful symptoms, and live your daily life with a smile.
1) Tamasha, Teruhiko et al. Investigation of the usefulness of Kampo medicines (Saikokeishikankyoto, Kamishoyosan, Saikokaryukotsuoyakito) for indefinite complaint syndrome, especially menopausal disorders 1994 https://www.jstage. jst.go.jp/article/kampomed1982/44/3/44_3_333/_article/-char/ja
2) M. Terauchi et al. Menopausal Symptoms and the Kampo Medicine: Tokishakuyakusan, Kamishoyosan, and Keishibukuryogan. 2016 https://link.springer.com/protocol/10.1007/978-1-4939-4002-8_7
3) M. Terauchi et al. Effects of three Kampo formula: Tokishakuyakusan (TJ-23), Kamishoyosan (TJ-24), and Keishibukuryogan (TJ-25) on Japanese peri- and postmenopausal women with sleep disturbances. 2011 https:/ /link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00404-010-1779-4
4) S. Usuki et al., The Improvement of Luteal Insufficiency in Fecund Women by Tokishakuyakusan Treatment. 2002 https://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0192415X02000247
5) Yamazaki, Mayuko et al. A study of 3 cases in which kamikihito was administered to depressive patients with strong qi deficiency and insomnia, and was effective not only for premenstrual syndrome but also for menstrual pain. 2014 https://www . .jstage.jst.go.jp/article/kampomed/65/4/65_273/_article/-char/ja