Who is not suitable for herbal medicine "Kamishoyosan"? Introduce points to note when drinking together
"Kamishoyosan" is one of the three major herbal medicines for obstetrics and gynecology.
It is important to choose a Kampo medicine that suits the individual constitution and symptoms, but there are some people who do not like Kamishoyosan.
This article introduces points to note about people who do not like kamishoyosan and when to drink it together.
If you are wondering if Kamishoyosan is right for you, please refer to it. Find out in this article
- What is Kamishoyosan?
- People who are not suitable for kamishoyosan
- side effects
- Precautions when drinking together
- How long does it take to take effect?
- What to do if kamishoyosan doesn't work
- How to get the herbal medicine "Kamishoyosan"
What is Kamishoyosan?
Kamishoyosan is a herbal medicine that is used to treat menstrual disorders and menopause-related physical and mental disorders peculiar to women .
A woman's mind and body change under the influence of female hormones.
Therefore, if there is a fluctuation in hormones due to menstruation or menopause, mental and physical disorders may be seen.
Kamishoyosan is also known as one of the three major herbal medicines for obstetrics and gynecology, and is effective in alleviating hot flashes, stiff shoulders, fatigue, irritability, and anxiety1).
Among the three major herbal medicines, kamishoyosan is often used for insomnia, anxiety, headache, and other mental symptoms caused by stress.
People who are not suitable for kamishoyosan
Kamishoyosan may not be suitable for people with physical strength2 ).
Also, if you meet the following criteria, please consult with a hospital or Kampo pharmacy in advance whether you can take this medicine2).
- Pregnant women or those who appear to be pregnant
- people with weak stomach
- senior citizen
- People who have ever had skin symptoms such as rash, redness, or itching due to drugs, etc.
- People with symptoms of swelling
- Persons diagnosed with high blood pressure, heart disease, or kidney disease
Side effects of kamishoyosan include gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea/vomiting, stomach discomfort, loss of appetite, diarrhea, and skin symptoms such as rash and itching2 ).
These symptoms may be side effects.
Stop immediately and consult a doctor.
In addition, Chinese herbal medicines are relatively unlikely to cause side effects, but if they occur, side effects that make the condition worse may occur.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, please see a doctor immediately2).
- Pseudoaldosteronism, myopathy: Weakness, numbness, tightness and stiffness in the hands and feet, along with weakness and muscle pain that gradually increase
- Liver dysfunction: Fever, itching, rash, yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes, brown urine, general malaise, loss of appetite, etc.
- Mesenteric phlebosclerosis: Abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, abdominal distension, etc. repeatedly appear due to long-term use
How long does it take to take effect?
The length of time it takes to take effect varies from person to person.
Let's see how it goes for about a month after starting to take it3 ).
Many herbal medicines are said to be sufficiently effective if you choose the one that suits your individual constitution and symptoms.
Therefore, it is important to examine not only the symptoms but also the person's constitution in detail.
There are individual differences in whether or not the effect is immediate, but try taking Kamishoyosan for about a month and see if it suits you.
Also read the following articles
If you want to know more about how long it takes for herbal medicine to take effect, click here
What to do if kamishoyosan doesn't work
If you feel that Kamishoyosan is not suitable for you , consult with the hospital or Kampo pharmacy where it was prescribed to find the Kampo medicine that suits you.
There are two cases where Kamishoyosan may not be suitable for you.
When these cases apply, it is recommended to consult a hospital or Chinese medicine pharmacy about future treatments.
- If you experience symptoms that you think may be side effects
- If you do not feel the effect after taking it for 1 month
How to get the herbal medicine "Kamishoyosan"
Kamishoyosan can be purchased at drugstores, but if you are concerned about whether kamishoyosan is suitable for you, we recommend that you consult your doctor or pharmacist to obtain it!
I will introduce the case of receiving a prescription at a hospital and the case of ordering it online, which will be the method of obtaining the herbal medicine that suits you.
See a doctor and get a prescription
Generally, kamishoyosan is often prescribed by a gynecologist.
In addition, since kamishoyosan is effective for psychiatric symptoms such as irritability and anxiety, it is sometimes prescribed by psychosomatic medicine.
If you receive a prescription at a hospital, you can undergo detailed examinations depending on your symptoms in addition to the medical interview.
For this reason, we can receive detailed examinations, so we may find cases that require treatment other than Chinese medicine or diseases that cause them.
Therefore, if you are seriously ill, it is recommended to see a doctor.
How to order herbal medicine online
These days, it is possible to order herbal medicines that suit you online without going to the hospital .
Kamishoyosan is often prescribed by gynecologists, but gynecologists are often overcrowded.
In addition, there are many people who want to choose a herbal medicine that suits them, but are too busy to see a doctor.
There is also an online service that allows you to take a medical interview supervised by a doctor for free on LINE, and receive custom-made Chinese medicine that suits you.
If for some reason you do not have time to go to the hospital and would like to receive Chinese herbal medicine that suits you, consider ordering online.
▼ You can consult Kampo on LINE
Click here for a free consultation supervised by a doctor
In this article, for those who are wondering if kamishoyosan doesn't go well with them, I've explained some points to keep in mind, such as those who don't go well with it and when to drink it together.
There are five points below.
- Kamishoyosan is one of the three major herbal medicines used by obstetrics and gynecology to treat mental and physical disorders peculiar to women.
- Kamishoyosan may not be suitable for people with physical strength
- Side effects such as gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea and diarrhea and skin symptoms such as rashes and itching may occur.
- Take caution when taking drugs containing licorice or glycyrrhizic acid
- If you experience symptoms that are suspected of side effects, or if you do not feel the effect even after taking it for a month, it may not be suitable for kamishoyosan. Recently, due to the spread of the new coronavirus, it is difficult to visit a hospital, but there are an increasing number of services other than hospitals that offer online health consultations. If you feel that Kamishoyosan is not suitable for you, please find the one that suits you by consulting with the hospital or online.